Welcome to The Staying Inn, your new favourite local from the comfort of your sofa. The Staying Inn is an accessible, inclusive online space for disabled and non disabled folk to stay connected during the COVID-19 crisis.
We run a range of events, from our weekly pub quiz, to stitch and bitch sessions, film club, interviews, classes and much much more! Check out our Events page to find out more.
At The Staying Inn we strive to make everything as accessible as possible and the majority of our events have Captions and British Sign Language Interpreters. For more information about how to access events check out our Accessibility page.
If you want to get the details of our events which are hosted via online video calls remember to subscribe to our Newsletter! You’ll get a Weekly mailing and a prompt before each event. Sign up here!
The Staying Inn is a community run by disabled people for disabled people and anyone feeling isolated during these difficult times. We have a set of values for our space so that it is inclusive, welcoming and friendly to those who want to be part of it.
- We respect everyone’s accessibility and communication needs, make adjustments where possible and support solutions so that everyone can be included.
- We respect that we all communicate in different ways, and encourage participants to engage in whatever way they feel comfortable.
- We ask that participants use respectful language, do not use slurs or derogatory terms about others. Repeated behaviour of this nature will result in being barred from The Staying Inn.
- We are committed to an anti-racist environment.
- We are LGBTQ+ inclusive, and our space is welcoming of trans and non-binary people. We ask that everyone respects people’s pronouns.
- We will not tolerate bullying or trolling of other participants. Repeated behaviour of this nature will result in being barred from The Staying Inn.
- The Staying Inn co-ordinating team prefers Identity First Language, “Disabled People”, we recognise the cultural Deaf identity, and use the social model of disability. At The Staying Inn we understand that people may wish to identify using Person First Language. However, we ask that everyone respects the language individuals use to describe themselves, their disability, impairment or condition.
- We uplift, empower and support each other, we celebrate equality and inclusivity.
Find out more
Donate the cost of a pint to help us keep The Staying Inn as open and accessible as we can.
Powered by GoFundMe
If you enjoy our content and are joining from outside the UK, please consider donating to our PayPal Pool.
Find out about our access provisions and how you can access an event at The Staying Inn.